This Gift Day supports the resources and buildings for St Michael’s Church.
We are One Church, with One Vision to be a Christian heart at the centre of the community.
We live to make a difference, through discipleship, outreach and service.
We encourage these things locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
To make our vision happen, we hold 2 gift days a year. One in November to support day-to-day ministry, and this one to support our resources and buildings.
We are not simply raising funds for a community building, but for building a community.
What have we done since last year’s Gift Day?
Thanks to the generosity of so many, we have been able to develop our buildings and resources to help us make a difference.
- We opened a suite of offices upstairs in St Michael’s Centre
- Paid £172k of capital loan repayments with £24k of interest.
- One Diocesan loan, the total of £250k, has been totally repaid along with £154k worth of interest free loans.
- £23k was spent on the Old School Rooms refurbishment.
- £36k has been donated as a tithe to others.
- Another £74k tithe gifts are planned for 2020.
- Contractors have started work on the arches corridor (slightly delayed due to the covid crisis)
What will donations achieve this year?
We are so encouraged and believe that the Lord is calling us to press on to enable vision to become reality.
- In St Michael’s Centre, we hope to complete the arches corridor, specifically providing a large kitchen facility to extend our catering provision.
- To continue supporting the refurbishment in the historic church building. This could include levelling the flooring, renewing the seating, providing toilets and increasing visibility inside.
- Alongside this, we will continue to make 10% of monies raised available for worthy causes.
During 2020/21 we will want to repay significant segments of our loans. There is still over £1 million to repay in time.
- If you’re not yet ‘part of the journey’ could now be the time to start giving?
- If you’re new to St Michael’s would you consider giving?
- If you’ve given already, please consider whether you may be in a position to increase your current level of giving.
Some people may be in a position to offer us a lump sum interest free loan. If this is you, we would also love to talk to you about this.
We thank each one of us and pray that the Lord would bless us and sustain us on this incredible journey.
How do I give?
We’re inviting everyone to complete this simple online Response form
Gathering our responses helps us to be able to plan next steps.
Please lick on the button below:
For ways to give to the Heart of the Community Project click here .This includes options to donate via card/paypal
If you prefer, you can download a paper form. If you are responding in this way, please also give us a call or email – as the team are currently working remotely.
St Michael’s Church Centre Limited. Registered Charity in England and Wales 1149601; Company Number 08242432