Life Groups are a central part of life at St Michael’s Church. They are smaller groups of church members who gather together regularly for conversation, Bible study, prayer and discussion. They provide an excellent chance to get to know each other better and to grow together in our faith. Very often they also provide excellent coffee and cake!
At St Michael’s life groups play a crucial part as we grow together in discipleship, service and outreach and ‘live to make a difference’.
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. All the believers were together and had everything in common… and the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved Acts 2. 42-44, 47
- Growing in community ‘They devoted themselves to…the fellowship’ (Acts 2:42)
- Growing in prayer ‘They devoted themselves to…prayer’ (Acts 2:42)
- Growing in the word ‘They devoted themselves to the apostles teaching’ (Acts 2:42)
- Growing in ministry ‘Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles…they sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.’ (Acts 2:43-45)
- Growing in mission ‘…and the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.’ (Acts 2:47)
All adults and young people at St Michael’s are encouraged to be part of a Life Group. They meet at different times of day, weekly, monthly or fortnightly.
Meeting together in small groups is a great way to connect with God and other Christians on a personal level. Whatever your age, availability, Christian experience or preferred approach to Bible study, we’re sure you’ll find a Life Group that suits you.
Every year, for two Sundays in September, everyone is given the opportunity to sign up for a life group. This is for those who are not yet in a life group to sign up, and also for those already in a group to try something new. You can, of course, join a group or change group at any time during the year, but sign-up Sundays raise the profile of life groups across the church.
For further information please contact us via our contact page.
Choose a life group
Please choose from the list below.
If the group you are interested in isn’t showing as available, please get in touch, and we will be able to help you.