Wednesday 19 October 7.30pm – St Michael’s Centre
Click here to book
Anxiety levels and struggles with mental health are on the rise in children and young people, and as mums and dads, this can feel overwhelming … even at times debilitating. But there’s good news! You, as parents, have incredible power to help your children build strong emotional resilience and a healthy mental wellbeing.
A Mind of Their Own is packed with practical and preventative tools for you to use at home, helping you to better understand what’s going on in your child’s head. Together with Katharine Hill and Mark Chester, we’ll explore the science of the mind, and why children act and react the way they do.
Featuring interviews with mental-health professionals, Dr Rob Waller and Dr Kate Middleton, this event will expand your understanding of the unique pressures and opportunities facing young people today, so you can help your child develop an emotional resiliency that lasts.
You’ll come away with …
- A realisation that resilience can be learnt, and a better knowledge of how it not only helps individuals bounce back from setbacks, but bounce forward in strength, character and development.
- An understanding that learning to fail allows your child’s brain to grow and improves their problem-solving skills.
- An appreciation of how vital your child’s identity is and strategies to help them become confident in it.
- Ideas of how to help your child take healthy risks and an understanding of why this is important.
- A re-established confidence in knowing you’re the best person to help your child.
- Standard tickets are £7.
- Concession tickets are £5. We don’t want anyone to miss out on our events, so if a concession ticket makes attending more possible, please choose this option when booking.
- Group tickets are £5 each (for groups of 4 or more).
- The event will start at 7.30 pm and finish at 10.00 pm.
- Doors open at 7.00 pm.
- Bookings are made through Care for the Family/ Eventbrite.
- Alternatively, feel free to call Care for the Family on 029 2081 0800 and the team would be glad to help you with your booking.
- Please note we do not have facilities to accommodate babies and young children at this event.
- We are very aware of the risks around COVID-19 and will always seek to comply with the latest legislation and guidance. You can read our full policy here.