It’s easy to get to St Michael’s
St Michael’s Church is in Stoke Gifford on the northern edge of Bristol in the South West of England. We are a few hundred metres from Bristol Parkway railway station, so it’s easy to get to us by train or bus. We are also located a few minutes’ drive from the M4, the M5 and the M32 motorways and
St Michael’s Church building is on one side of the village green. St Michael’s Church Centre and The Coffee Shop are on the other side.
St Michael’s Centre
We are just a 3-4 minute walk from Bristol Parkway railway station, which has regular local and long-distance trains to:
- Swindon, Reading, London
- Yate, Cam & Dursley, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester, Yorkshire, Newcastle, Scotland
- Bristol Temple Meads, Weston-super-Mare, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth, Bath, Yeovil, Weymouth
- Newport, Cardiff and stations to Swansea
For details of train times, visit the National Rail website.
We are well served by local buses: the Church and Centre are just a 3-4 minute walk from the bus stops at Bristol Parkway railway station. For details of all local bus times, visit Travelwest buses and select your route from this list of bus services that call at Bristol Parkway:
· m4 – Bristol City Centre, Begbrook, Scholars Chase, UWE, Harry Stoke new housing, Great Stoke, Parkway station, Gipsy Patch Lane, The Mall.
· Y6 – Bristol City Centre, Gloucester Rd, Southmead Hospital, Filton, Charlton Hayes, The Mall, Patchway, Stoke Lodge, Little Stoke, Parkway station, Great Stoke, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Yate, Chipping Sodbury.
· 10/11 – Severn Beach (10), Avonmouth, Lawrence Weston (10), Shirehampton (11), Westbury-on-Trym, Southmead Hospital, Lockleaze, Cheswick, UWE, Sainsbury’s, Parkway station, Bradley Stoke, Aztec West, Almondsbury (10), Thornbury (10).
· 12 – Severn Beach, Pilning, The Mall, Patchway, Stoke Lodge, Little Stoke, Parkway station.
· 19 – Bath City Centre, Bitton, Cadbury Heath, Warmley, Kingswood, Staple Hill, Downend, Frenchay, Scholars Chase, UWE, Harry Stoke new housing, Great Stoke, Parkway station.
· 73 – Temple Meads station, Bristol City Centre, Gloucester Rd, Filton Ave, Sainsburys, Parkway station, Bradley Stoke.
We are just 5 minutes from National Cycle Network route 16, and have a number of ‘Sheffield’-style cycle stands outside St Michael’s Centre.
The nearest parking spots for Voi e-scooters are just a 3 minute walk away. They are:
- At the end of Hatchet Lane (near the Ratcliffe Drive Tesco Express);
- On North Road by the Poplar Rooms; and
- At the junction of Church Road and Brierley Furlong, just under the railway bridge.
Over 18 and hold a full or provisional driving licence? Visit Travelwest scooters for details of the ongoing local e-scooter trial.
If you live in Stoke Gifford why not walk to us? Much of the parish is less than a 20 minute walk from the Centre.
Whilst we encourage you to travel to us sustainably, if you do need to drive to us we are less than 10 minutes from the M4 (J19), M5 (J16) and M32 (J1), and just 2 minutes from the A4174 Avon Ring Road.
There are parking spaces for disabled drivers right outside St Michael’s Centre. There is only limited on-street parking available in Stoke Gifford but Bristol Parkway station car park, with over a thousand pay-and-display spaces, is just around the corner.
Our postcode for your SatNav is BS34 8PD.