It’s easy to get to St Michael’s
St Michael’s Church is in Stoke Gifford on the northern edge of Bristol in the South West of England. We are a few hundred metres from Bristol Parkway railway station, so it’s easy to get to us by train or bus. We are also located a few minutes’ drive from the M4, the M5 and the M32 motorways and
St Michael’s Church building is on one side of the village green. St Michael’s Church Centre and the Old School Rooms Coffee Shop are on the other side.
St Michael’s Centre
We are just a 3-4 minute walk from Bristol Parkway railway station, which has regular local and long-distance trains to:
- Swindon, Reading, London
- Yate, Cam & Dursley, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Worcester, Birmingham, Manchester, Yorkshire, Newcastle, Scotland
- Bristol Temple Meads, Weston-super-Mare, Taunton, Exeter, Plymouth, Bath, Yeovil, Weymouth
- Newport, Cardiff and stations to Swansea
For details of train times, visit the National Rail website.
We are well served by local buses: the Church and Centre are just a 3-4 minute walk from the bus stops at Bristol Parkway railway station. For details of all local bus times, visit Travelwest buses and select your route from this list of buses that call at Bristol Parkway:
- 10/11 – Bradley Stoke, Aztec West, Thornbury
- 10/11 – Sainsbury’s, UWE, Cheswick, Lockleaze, Southmead Hospital, Westbury-on-Trym, Shirehampton, Avonmouth
- 12 – Little Stoke, Stoke Lodge, Patchway, The Mall, Pilning, Severn Beach
- 19 – Little Stoke, Stoke Lodge, Charlton Hayes, The Mall
- 19 – Great Stoke, East-of-Harry-Stoke new development, UWE, Scholars Chase, Downend, Staple Hill, Kingswood, Warmley, Cadbury Heath, Bitton, Bath
- 73 – Bradley Stoke, Aztec West, Stoke Lodge, Patchway, The Mall
- 73 – Sainsburys, Filton Ave, Gloucester Rd, Bristol City Centre, Temple Meads
- Y6 – Little Stoke, Stoke Lodge, Patchway, The Mall, Charlton Hayes, Filton, Southmead Hospital
- Y6 – Great Stoke, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Yate, Chipping Sodbury
From Spring 2023 we will also be served by the West of England’s next new metrobus route, the m4.
We are just 5 minutes from National Cycle Network route 16, and have a number of ‘Sheffield’-style cycle stands outside St Michael’s Centre.
The nearest parking spots for Voi e-scooters are just a 3 minute walk away. They are:
- At the end of Hatchet Lane (near the Ratcliffe Drive Tesco Express);
- On North Road by the Poplar Rooms; and
- At the junction of Church Road and Brierley Furlong, just under the railway bridge.
Over 18 and hold a full or provisional driving licence? Visit Travelwest scooters for details of the ongoing local e-scooter trial.
If you live in Stoke Gifford why not walk to us? Much of the parish is less than a 20 minute walk from the Centre.
Whilst we encourage you to travel to us sustainably, if you do need to drive to us we are less than 10 minutes from the M4 (J19), M5 (J16) and M32 (J1), and just 2 minutes from the A4174 Avon Ring Road.
There are parking spaces for disabled drivers right outside St Michael’s Centre. There is only limited on-street parking available in Stoke Gifford but Bristol Parkway station car park, with over a thousand pay-and-display spaces, is just around the corner.
Our postcode for your SatNav is BS34 8PD.